Today, I think, was supposed to be Toon Thursday. Alas, my utter swampage still persists, and I couldn’t quite make it to doing a toon this week. Thus, I present you with various links (most of them toon-related, some just general visual goodness) for your information, amusement, and so forth, and profuse apologies for my lack of original thought this week.
- Wondering what graphic novels to read over the next few months? GraphicNovelReporter has put together a handy Spring Preview List, sorted by age range. I’ve been too busy to even LOOK at it, but rest assured I’m going to be in serious coveting territory when I do.
- Also toon-related are the nominees for this year’s Eisner Awards, featuring several familiar publishers and authors/illustrators, like First Second, and Habibi by Craig Thompson (a Cybils nominee), and more.
- Can I just say that I find the idea of Mutant Mathletes incredibly hilarious? Check out a review of Jarrett J. Krosoczka’s latest Lunch Lady adventure. It’s MG rather than YA but I crack up every time I see a title.
- Our own fab Gwenda Bond has a debut YA novel in the works, and THAT RIGHT THERE IS HER AWESOME COVER, recently featured on Book Smugglers. Woohoo! And Gwenda is an Agent Sister, which makes it doubly cool.
- One last cover-related bit of news: check out the latest edition of Coverfail over on Bookshelves of Doom. Seems like a really epic coverfail, too. Boo.